THE SENATE AMNESTY BILL LACKS MEANINGFUL MEASURES TO SECURE THE BORDER
- The Fence: The Senators pushing this amnesty bill continue to promise that we will have a fence on the southern border. In reality, the Senate’s amnesty bill contains no true requirement to build even one foot of the fence.
- Border Security: S. 744 does not secure the border or strengthen national security in any way. The bill would grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants before ever implementing any border security measures.
- No additional border patrol agents: S.744 does not add any additional Border Patrol agents to patrol the vast land areas between ports of entry.
- Gives too much discretion to bureaucrats: S.744 leaves in place policies that direct immigration agents to release illegal immigrants the Administration deems “low priority.”
- Opposition from Border Patrol Agents: The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Union and USCIS both strongly oppose this bill because the border would not be secured.