Remember when President Obama gloated that he had a “pen and a phone” and would circumvent Congress to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants who had arrived in the United States as minors? Even with the chaos on the border today, President Biden has decided to continue this illegal and unconstitutional program.
We have the chance to make our voices heard by filling out a simple form. We must make sure the Biden Administration hears from us!
Use this link to register your comment OPPOSING a new amnesty rule just proposed by the liberals in the Biden Administration.
On Monday, September 27, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced that the Department of Homeland Security would soon issue a notice of proposed rulemaking to “preserve and fortify” the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which was unlawfully established by President Barack Obama in June of 2012. The new notice of proposed rulemaking comes on the heels of a ruling earlier this year by a federal district judge who struck down the program because it was created unlawfully.
Essentially, the new rule is the same as the old rule. The only major difference is that the new rule is being noticed appropriately, with a provision for a 60-day public comment period. That public comment period will end on Monday, November 29.
We have until then to tell the Biden Administration why it would be wrong to reestablish this unlawful program.
Here are some points you might consider including in your comments:
- This is the program Barack Obama himself said he did not have the constitutional authority to establish – right before he chose to establish it anyway. In October 2010, he said, “I am not king. I can’t do these things just by myself.” In March 2011, he said that with “respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case.” In May 2011, he acknowledged that he could not “just bypass Congress and change the law myself … That’s not how a democracy works.” He was right.
- Only Congress, not the president, has the constitutional and legal authority to make immigration law. And not only did Congress not authorize the president to make such decisions, the Congress specifically rejected proposed legislation that would have done just that.
- DACA recipients are, by definition, illegal immigrants.
- DACA, which has been applied to more than 800,000 illegal immigrants, is a massive amnesty program.
- DACA is a direct violation of U.S. immigration law, which requires that people in this country illegally be apprehended and repatriated into their own country.
When you have entered your comments in the comment box on the website, copy and paste your comments into a new document that you can send to your two U.S. Senators and your U.S. Representative, to let all three of them know that you have commented on the proposed new rule.
Before hitting “SUBMIT COMMENT,” add to the end of your comment “I am sending a copy of my comment to my U.S. Senators, (fill in the name) and (fill in the name), and to my U.S. Representative (fill in the name).” Then send a copy of your comment to your elected officials, so you create an accountability loop.
Together, we can tell the Biden Administration that amnesty for illegal immigrants is wrong!