As you’ve likely already heard, the Democrats filed two articles of impeachment against President Trump this morning, in what is and will likely go down in history as the most corrupt, partisan, vindictive, unjust impeachment in American history.
Please see my statement on this and share on social media:
The Democrats’ decision to issue articles of impeachment against President Trump for ‘obstruction of Congress’ and ‘abuse of power’ is an unprecedented and dangerous attack on the separation of powers and executive privilege. Based on apparent Democrat standards of ‘high crimes and misdemeanors,’ nearly every previous American president could have been impeached and removed from office, beginning with George Washington:
- Washington could have been impeached for ‘obstruction of Congress’ for denying Congress records of the Jay Treaty negotiation, which he refused, citing executive privilege.
- Jefferson could have been impeached for ‘abuse of power’ for accepting support from the French Ambassador in the presidential election of 1796, while supporting a Treaty with Paris against the wishes of President Washington.
- Lincoln could have been impeached for ‘abuse of power’ for the offering of cabinet positions in exchange for support at the 1860 Republican National Convention, for suspending habeas corpus, and for using the US military to restrict the newspapers published by political opponents.
- Lyndon Johnson could have been impeached for ‘abuse of power’ for using the FBI and CIA to spy on political opponents, specifically bugging Barry Goldwater’s campaign plane, and for using CIA Director William Colby to prepare campaign material.
- Barack Obama could have been impeached for ‘abuse of power’ for weaponizing the IRS, which investigated conservative organizations that opposed many of his policies, and for ‘obstruction of congress’ for allowing his attorney general, Eric Holder, to withhold testimony and document production in the Fast and the Furious case.
Whatever articles the Democrats draw up are pure garbage. There was no collusion, there was no quid pro quo, there was no bribery, and now there are no high crimes or misdemeanors. These articles are merely an attempt to abuse the power of the House to undo the 2016 election, and remove President Trump before he is reelected. On behalf of the millions of members and supporters of Tea Party Patriots, I call on the House of Representatives to dismiss this impeachment out of hand, and, if partisan considerations in the House trump justice, I call on the Senate to bring the impeachment trial to a swift conclusion.
Also, please see these facts that have never, never changed over the course of this entire impeachment sham.
- No conditionality
The July 25 call summary – the best evidence of the conversation – shows no conditionality or evidence of pressure.
- Both Presidents say no pressure
President Zelensky and President Trump have both said there was no pressure on the call.
- Ukraine not aware of hold of aid
The Ukrainian government was not aware of a hold on US security assistance at the time of the July 25 call.
- Funds flowed without the supposed required investigation
President Trump met with President Zelensky, and US Security assistance flowed to Ukraine in September 2019 – both of which occurred without Ukraine investigating President Trump’s political rivals.
- This is a highly partisan process
While Speaker Pelosi claimed her decision to move forward with an impeachment vote is not a political process, she also mentioned polling in the question and answer section. That is political and partisan.
- The process lacks due process and is fundamentally unfair.
Are you angry? I’m completely and totally enraged at the injustice of this all.And the best way you and I can help President Trump right now is to get out to the streets! We are asking you to organize a simple sign-waving in your community, with the theme, “End the Witch Hunt.”
See the full call to action to see the other items we’ve listed and resources we’ve provided, which include a sample letter to the editor and a sign-waving how-to guide.
Please, please, please do as many of the actions as you can this week to fight back against the completely deranged and dishonest House Democrats!
Jenny Beth Martin