OBAMACARE IS A TRAIN WRECK
- When Congress rammed through ObamaCare in 2010, opponents correctly pointed out that there had been insufficient time to analyze the bill.
- In April, Senator Baucus, one of the original authors of the ObamaCare legislation, admitted that ObamaCare is going to be a “train wreck” and that it will be impossible to implement.
- The Obama Administration has delayed implementing the employer mandate aspect of Obamacare until after the 2014 election. Obama’s Health and Human Services Department knows that this feature of Obamacare is another train wreck, and they do not want Americans to feel the full impact of Obamacare until after the election.
OBAMACARE IS SIMILAR TO THE SENATE AMNESTY BILL, WHICH IS FURTHER PROOF THAT THE IMMIGRATION BILL MUST BE STOPPED
- Size: Both Obamacare and the Senate amnesty bill are too large and too complex.
- Shrouded in Secrecy: Both bills were written behind closed doors with significant input from special-interest groups and lobbyists.
- Waivers that undermine the Rule of Law: Both bills contain numerous “waivers” that allow government officials to side-step provisions in the law. These waivers lead to an unequal application of the law.
- New powers for unelected bureaucrats: Obamacare gives broad discretion to the secretary of Health and Human Services. The amnesty bill gives the Secretary of Homeland Security new powers and authority to interpret the law.
- Taxpayer Funded Propaganda: Taxpayers had to pay for Pro-Obamacare commericals and print ads that promoted the so-called “benefits” of the new law. The amnesty bill allows for the same misuse of taxpayer funds.
IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO REPEAL OBAMACARE
- In 2010, then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi told us that we had to pass Obamacare to find out what’s in it. Since that time, we have learned a lot more about the bill, and the bill has turned out to be even worse than we predicted.
- The Secretary of Health and Human Services has amassed new powers for herself, refusing to answer to Congress about how she is implementing the law, and even establishing new authority for herself that was not originally granted in the bill.
- The IRS, which plays a large role in the implementation and execution of Obamacare, has turned out to be engaged in a partisan and illegal effort to target conservatives and tea party organizations.
- The IRS, without any authorization from Congress, granted itself the power to re-write sections of Obamacare during the regulatory process. Related to the employer mandate, the IRS seized new powers for itself by re-writing the relevant section of Obamacare that Congress passed.
- The kick-backs and favors granted to politically-connected special-interest groups are even more widespread than previously known. AARP’s for-profit insurance company, which lobbied for Obamacare and participated in distributing pro-Obamacare propaganda, stands to make hundreds of millions of dollars off of Obamacare.
- There are still opportunities to delay, defund, and dismantle Obamacare.