During the entirety of the presidential election – from the primaries to the general election – Donald Trump very clearly outlined the type of tax reform that he would pursue if elected. Now, as President, he remains committed to keeping his promise on tax reform. The American people freely elected President Trump, knowing that he would do things like simplify and modernize the tax code and provide tax relief for middle income families, small business owners, and grow the economy. Our tax code hampers job growth, stifles innovation, and encourages investors to conduct their research and development overseas. Tea Party Patriots is revving up to help on the fight to reform the tax code, and we need your help.
Sign the petition to support President Trump’s tax reform plan, to make the U.S. tax code fairer, flatter, and simpler, so we can provide tax relief for middle class families and small businesses, and grow the economy to create more and better-paying jobs.
All the tools you need to help you make a difference. Every tweet, call and letter counts, so we’ve made a toolkit to help you discuss this issue with the people in your community and the lawmakers you elected.
USE THESE TALKING POINTS
- The U.S. tax code is complicated and unwieldy. It is a drain on our economy.
- Americans waste time and money preparing their taxes each year because our tax code is so complicated.
- Tax reform in our country is long overdue.
- Americans want a tax code that is flatter, fairer, and simpler.
- Our current tax system slows economic growth, and reduces opportunity and wages for all Americans.
- President Trump campaigned on pro-growth tax reform, and the American people stand behind him on that goal.
- Americans are ready for tax reform that moves our nation forward.
Contact Your Members of Congress
Send a message to your members of Congress. Then, call the Capitol Switchboard and ask to be transferred to both of your senators’ offices and to your U.S. representative’s office.
(NOTE: You will need to call the Capitol Switchboard each time to be transferred.)
Or look up your members of Congress below.