Welcome to TeaPartyPatriots.org! We hope you become an active, enthusiastic participant, and that you make every effort to keep all our forums an open and productive environment for others.
The Tea Party Patriots forums, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other social media forums, exist to encourage discussion on our core values: fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free markets. Please keep discussions related to these topics; do your best to lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning.
We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. Violation of the rules will result in a warning and possibly a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings will be issued by PM or by the warning system. Permanent bans are at the discretion of the moderators.
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
- No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, objectionable, or otherwise offensive will be tolerated. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed.
- Foul Language will not be tolerated. Use only language that could be printed in a newspaper
- Violating a person’s privacy by publishing information that is private and personal without their permission is not allowed or acceptable.
- Tea Party Patriots, as an organization, does not take a stance on social issues (gay marriage, abortion, recreational drugs, and other topics). Individuals may discuss their own opinion, as long as it is civil and respectful; an individual’s posts does not reflect the organization’s viewpoints.
- Any type of harassment of the members by trolls or site disrupters will be reason for immediate permanent removal from the site.
- Overt Advertising of commercial products will not be tolerated. All such advertising will be immediately removed from site. Members may mention a product in passing but not tout it on site.
- No campaigning or endorsement of political candidates will be allowed. Members may suggest for discussion the information found when vetting a potential candidate, they can request/survey other members for their comments about a candidate, and may even state a personal preference a certain candidate and give their personal reasons why they prefer them, but they may not run political ads for any candidate on the site. Discussions must be held with proper decorum and not devolve into members sniping against each other.
- Spamming, commercial or otherwise will not be tolerated and will result in immediate suspension pending further investigation. This includes private message spam.
- Anything else that is found to be causing disunity among the members will be evaluated for possible actions. Under no circumstances will a person’s freedom of speech be infringed, but diatribes, tirades, pedagogic monologues or harangues not be approved of and will be dealt with accordingly on a case by case basis.
Rules subject to change without notice.
By posting or attaching material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received express permission to post or attach the material to the Tea Party Patriots forums from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Tea Party Patriots and users of this forum the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. All messages become the property of Tea Party Patriots, and users should not expect any messages posted in the forums to be private.
By posting to or reading this discussion board or any Tea Party Patriots social media site, you agree to be bound by these rules.