This week’s tool kit focuses on the simple fact that if the Amnesty Bill becomes law, there are too many unanswered questions on what impact it will have on multiple facets of our everyday lives. This has reminded us so much of Obamacare that we decided to show you how it would impact the train wreck that is Obamacare. Please use these tools this week to tell Washington #NoMoreTrainWrecks!
Here’s a list of recommended actions for this week:
1. Talking points – Provided to help you speak to the issues at hand.
2. Infographic – People often retain more information when they see it in the form of a picture or illustration. We encourage you to share this infographic through email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
3. Sample blog post/Facebook post – Need an idea of what to post on your personal blog or Facebook page? We’ve got you covered. Feel free to edit this sample to fit your personality.
4. Sign the Online petition & share with friend & family – Demand that the Senate learn the implications that this massive 844 page bill would have on nearly every aspect of our lives. Share this through email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
5. Sample letter to the editor about the online petition – Help us spread the word about our online petition by submitting a Letter to the Editor. Here’s a sample to help get you started!
Tuesday is Social Media Blitz Day and also “Tweet it Tuesday!” Help us spread the message on social network. We’ve created some sample Tweets and Facebook posts to help get you started.
There’s no better way to have a direct impact on Washington than by calling or visiting your Senators’ offices. This will be our focus on Wednesday. We encourage you to call your Senators’ DC offices to tell them that they need to understand the full implications of the Amnesty Bill before they vote on it. This means determining how much of an impact the Amnesty Bill will have on Obamacare (which has already been declared a ‘train wreck’ by it’s chief author).
If you want to have maximum impact, gather a few of your friends, visit one of your Senators’ local offices, and each of you hand deliver a letter expressing your concerns about the Amnesty Bill. We have also provided a sample letter to help get you started.
Do you remember the excitement in 2009 when Tea Party protests began springing up at town halls and street corners all around the country? These rallies are part of what made us a lasting force to be reckoned with by the Washington elites. Call your friends and get a gathering of people to stand on a busy street corner and wave signs. This will create some buzz in your local area and will help you recruit more people in your community. Here are some sample slogans and sign messages as well as instructions on how to host a sign-waving rally.
As you can see, this is an action packed week. There is a lot going on and it is vital that every one of us to hold Washington accountable. If we don’t, then who can we depend on to do it for us?