Operation Swing State Shepherds
This coming election will be determined in a few crucial Battleground States. Conservatives are doing what they can to oust this administration from office using the ballot box. Donations, phone banks, door-to-door walking campaigns, all designed to increase votes incrementally.
Veritas Conservative Alliance is taking an additional approach.
Consider the following:
· In 2008 Obama won 54% of the Catholic vote, an increase in democratic votes over republican of +/-7% over 2004.
· Protestant vote increased +/-5% democrat over republican for the same period.
· Jewish vote increased +/-4%
Now consider that:
· Provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act have resulted in an attack against our first amendment right to practice our faith in conformance with our conscience by forcing the Catholic Church (through its institutions such as schools, hospitals and charities) to provide coverage for abortifacients and contraception medications in its insurance coverage of its employees, which goes against Catholic moral teaching.
· The democrat platform contains language that strongly opposes any attempts to limit abortion
· The democrat convention highlighted the disdain for God and people of faith in an open battle regarding excluding God from their platform.
· President Obama has overtly shown his disdain for the State of Israel and his actions have emboldened those who have vowed to destroy the Jewish state.
Operation: Swing State Shepherds will target priests, ministers and rabbis in the Battleground States, and seek to persuade them via correspondence to speak boldly to their congregations regarding the current threats to people of faith, and the policies that are opposed to the moral teachings of their faith.
We recognize that most correspondence will fall on deaf ears, timid leaders or those who fear the misconceived notion of separation of church and state. We may only have a small percentage of “hits” but each of those can mobilize congregations of hundreds, if not thousands, of committed believers. Again, we are seeking to incrementally increase the number of conservative votes in the states that will determine the election.
In order to successfully implement this campaign we will need many committed volunteers who are ready to put in a lot of time over the next few weeks. We need internet researchers to compile the list of churches, people to stuff and address envelopes, and some who are willing to supply postage and mail packets of 100+ letters. We hope that you will find this a worthy endeavor and we ask that you take action with us now.
· If you are interested in this campaign, please reply ASAP.
· If you have an email contact list, please share this and ask anyone interested to reply ASAP.
· If you are a group leader and think this may appeal to some in your group, we ask that you promote it ASAP. Your promotion as leaders will go a long way in mobilizing your people to support us.
· We will handle all coordination and track our efforts. Hopefully, after the election we may be able to determine if, and where, we may have had an impact.
All responses should be directed to Nick Rago: firstname.lastname@example.org Put “Swing State Shepherds” in the subject line
Thank you for considering this effort.
God Bless America