President Donald J. Trump nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court of the United States this week. Tea Party Patriots Co-Founder Jenny Beth Martin released a statement following the announcement:
“Tea Party Patriots Action and our network of supporters and grassroots activists across the country thank President Donald Trump for nominating Brett Kavanaugh to be our next Supreme Court Justice. President Trump has once again fulfilled his promise to nominate a fair and independent Supreme Court Justice who will honor the Constitution and the rule of law. Judge Kavanaugh has a stellar record as an originalist, and has proven to be a strong defender of the Second Amendment and freedom of speech and religion. Our network of grassroots activists will work very hard to ensure the Senate quickly moves to confirm Judge Kavanaugh.”
Justice Kavanaugh, however, faces some push-back from Democratic opponents and has a long way to go before making his way to the bench. We hope you will join us in supporting Justice Kavanaugh as the next U.S. Supreme Court justice. Show your support and urge the Senate to confirm another great justice!
Send a message to your senators immediately by signing our petition in support of Judge Kavanaugh. This is the easiest and quickest way to send a message directly to your senators to communicate your support for President Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee.
Every tweet, call and letter counts, so we’ve made a “How-To” Guide to help you discuss the SCOTUS nomination with the people in your community and the lawmakers you elected.
- The bottom line is this: Confirm Brett Kavanaugh, or you will be confirming the politics of smear and character assassination.
- In America, we are all presumed innocent until proven guilty. Period. There is zero evidence or corroboration to support these allegations, and an avalanche of evidence that proves Judge Kavanaugh is an upstanding, good, kind, and just man.
- Judge Kavanaugh has been ready to testify under oath since the day the allegation was made. He looks forward to the hearing where he can clear his name of this false allegation.
- Judge Kavanaugh has categorically and unequivocally denied this allegation. He has repeatedly stated he was not at the party described by Ms. Ford and has never treated any woman in this way.
- All three people, in addition to Judge Kavanaugh, Ms. Ford alleged to have been present at the party have said they have no recollection of the incident or even the party. One of the people is a lifelong friend of Ms. Ford’s who said she does not know Judge Kavanaugh at all; the other two people were friends with Judge Kavanaugh and said they never saw him act this way towards anyone.
- On Friday, close to 100 women who personally know Judge Kavanaugh held an #IStandWithBrett press conference in Washington, DC voicing support for him and speaking about his impeccable treatment of women. The women ranged from past high school girlfriends, former staff, and past and present colleagues. Numerous letters have been submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee from these women and others speaking to his unfailing respect and advocacy for women as friend, judge, boss, professor, and colleague.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee has continued to accommodate the demands of Ms. Ford while Judge Kavanaugh has been repeatedly made to wait to publicly clear his name before the Committee and the American people.
- Judge Kavanaugh and his family are facing death threats and relentless harassment. They deserve a quick resolution.
- The New Yorker published new allegations against Judge Kavanaugh despite the fact that it and the New York Times found zero evidence or first-hand corroborations.
- Ronan Farrow, one of the authors of the article, admitted there has been no eyewitness confirmation Debby Ramirez’s allegations.
- Jane Mayer, one of the authors of the article, admitted that their only corroborating witness did not actually see anything happen and heard the story second-hand.
- Even the accuser’s best friend at the time said she had never heard of the allegation from her or from anyone else at school.
- The accuser was originally unsure if Kavanaugh was even responsible and only came forward after talking with a lawyer recommended by Senate Democrats for six days.
- As the Wall Street Journal Editorial Board wrote, this is the terrifying new standard radical Democrats are using to force Judge Kavanaugh to prove he is innocent, without any evidence to prove he is guilty.
- Senator Lindsey Graham calls this “the total collapse of the traditional confirmation process” being replaced with “wholesale character assassination.”
- Democrat Senators Coons, Durbin, Gillibrand, Hirono, and Peters all called for a Senate hearing to allow Christine Blasey Ford to testify about her accusations. The Republicans agreed, and within two days, each and every one of the Democrats listed here rescinded their call for a Senate hearing and in messaging collusion, instead demanded a full FBI investigation. They did this knowing that this isn’t a matter for the FBI to investigate.
- Sen. Feinstein sat on the first allegation for two months, through 30 hours of testimony and private meetings where she could have respected Dr. Ford’s request for anonymity and respected Judge Kavanaugh’s due process rights
- The Senate Judiciary Committee and FBI have said the Committee is the proper venue for this accusation. The Committee is already engaged in fact-finding that Democrats won’t participate in.
- The Department of Justice noted: “The FBI does not make any judgment about the credibility or significance of any allegation. The purpose of a background investigation is to determine whether the nominee could pose a risk to the national security of the United States. The allegation does not involve any potential federal crime. The FBI’s role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers.”
- Chairman Grassley said, “The FBI investigation of Judge Kavanaugh is closed. . . . The FBI is not doing any further investigation.”
- Since the moment his nomination was announced, Judge Kavanaugh has provided answers to the questions the Senate Judiciary Committee asked.
- More documents from Judge Kavanaugh’s twenty-five years of public service were provided to the Committee than any previous nominee in American history. Over a two-month period, Judge Kavanaugh met with 65 senators individually, had two joint phone calls with Committee members, underwent more than 30 hours of public hearings, submitted written answers to more than 1300 written questions that were submitted after the hearings, and attended a closed session for all committee members where they were free to discuss with Judge Kavanaugh any issue of concern, including sensitive and confidential topics.
- Judge Kavanaugh underwent a FBI background check, the results of which were submitted to the committee. This allegation or anything like it did not come up in this background check nor in the five previous checks he has undergone since 1993.
- Throughout this thorough and comprehensive vetting process, this allegation was never raised once by any Committee member, despite Senator Feinstein possessing a letter with the allegation since July. Instead, she chose to release this false information after the vetting process and on the eve of his confirmation.
- Senator Schumer promised to ‘oppose Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination with everything I have,’ and it appears he is delivering with this 11th hour attempt to delay his confirmation by leading a false campaign to destroy Judge Kavanaugh’s reputation.
Contact Your Members of Congress
Send a message to your members of Congress. Then, call the Capitol Switchboard and ask to be transferred to both of your senators’ offices and to your U.S. representative’s office.
(NOTE: You will need to call the Capitol Switchboard each time to be transferred.)
Or look up your members of Congress below.