Warning: this message is not for the faint of heart. It has some cold hard truths in it. It challenges you to think. It challenges you to act, if you have the guts.
How do I even begin to address the omnibus? I have heard from so many of you in recent weeks, and while the individual comments have varied, there is a clear underlying theme – we’ve been had, and what are we going to do about it?
And how do we react to the March for Gun Control in DC and around the country in schools nationwide?
Perhaps most importantly, where does Tea Party Patriots go from here?
This is the essence of the questions that have been on my mind all weekend long. I think it is essential we face the cold hard truth before we look at what to do next.
10 cold hard truths:
- The Republican establishment is not our friend. They may be our allies on some issues from time to time, but they are not our friends. They talk a good game. But when push comes to shove, they will not fight against spending like drunken sailors, they will work against us as they did in 2014, and as they did against Trump when he was the nominee, and they will protect their positions as much as possible.
- We are disappointed Obamacare still is the law of the land. Many question whether it can ever be repealed at all. Most think the GOP was lying when they made promises to repeal it since they have still not done so despite the majorities in the House, the Senate, and control of the White House.
- The Republican Party isn’t doing what we want it to, but we have few options. The fact is, we have a two-party system. History shows that third parties only rarely succeed – the last time it happened was in the 1850s, when the Republican Party was born as a third party, eventually replacing the Whigs. Unless we want to stop to build another party, which will take time and money (precious resources for a grassroots movement) and likely result in electoral victories for Democrats for quite some time, we have to accept that for the foreseeable future, we are working in a two-party system.
- The laws passed in DC impact our lives and we have to engage at the national level to affect those laws. Many want to amend the Constitution, whether through an Amending Convention or via congressional votes. Either way, that is a long-term game plan. Unless you want to cede ground for today, you still have to be involved in what happens in DC while working on the long game at a state and local level.
- President Trump – like all politicians – is human. We appreciate President Trump’s successes: Supreme Court nominee, rolling back regulations to expand freedom, passing tax cuts to grow the economy, defending the forgotten man with better trade agreements, and protecting our country by strengthening our military. Those successes are tempered by concerns about why he did not fight harder on the omnibus. The fact is, President Trump is human – like all politicians – and he will disappoint from time to time, especially when the Republican establishment writes the bills he will have to sign.
- The left have not backed down despite their losses in 2016. The left did not stop when they lost elections in 2010, 2014, and especially in 2016. They have not stopped one day since 2016. They may have cried and been sad that Hillary did not become president, but they did not stop. They have worked to “resist” President Trump every single day since Election Day, 2016. They have worked to undermine the legitimacy of the President’s election. They do all they can to shame us and isolate us today. Every. Single. Day. They continue to advance toward their goals despite their losses in 2016.
- The left now has found their issue to campaign FOR. Last year the leftist, liberal resistance movement was “anti” and stood for very little. They were anti-Trump and actively resisting his presidency. They became anti-men with the #metoo movement.Now, that has changed. They are advocating FOR something – FOR gun control under the guise of safe schools. In their minds, the more they can infringe on our Second Amendment Rights, the better. They are bullying and intimidating our children and grandchildren to join them.
- Momentum is going against us and toward the liberals. Historically, the year after a Presidential election the party in the White House loses seats. Despite all the mockery toward the tea party for eight years, the left now claims they have their own tea party. They very well may have that. It does not mean the tea party or Tea Party Patriots have gone away. We still exist and can make a difference, if you are willing.
- The left will do its best to impeach President Trump if the Democrats win a majority in the House. Let me repeat that: the Democrats will do their best to impeach President Trump if they win a majority in the House. Impeachment is a political effort, and they will find some reason to impeach regardless of whether we find it a legitimate reason or not. It only takes a simple majority in the House to impeach. If you think last Friday was bad, imagine this time next year, on the anniversary of Obamacare passage, if we do not engage: not only will we have a bad spending bill that will have passed, we will also risk losing some of our Second Amendment Rights AND watching the impeachment of President Trump.
- The odds are stacked against conservatives. Just look at this list. The odds are against us. But guess what? The odds have ALWAYS been stacked against conservatives. The odds were stacked against us when we launched this movement nine years ago, and they’ll be stacked against us nine years from now. If that were a reason not to engage, we would have decided not to engage nine years ago.
So, what do we do?
Now is the time for some deep soul searching for each of you in this movement. Are you willing to look those cold hard truths in the face and fight? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and give all you have this year to make a difference even if it means the less than deserving Republicans keep the majority? Even knowing they failed to repeal Obamacare? Even knowing they cannot figure out how to reduce spending, much less balance a budget? Even knowing they passed that spending bill that just passed into law?
Are you willing to make calls for conservatives to get out the vote? Are you willing to go door to door in your own community to spread the word to your neighbors about what is at stake and why we our values matter? Are you willing to sign and hand address letters and postcards to voters in swing states? Are you willing to donate to help pay for the supplies for these grassroots efforts and to pay for traditional mail and calls to get out the vote? Are you willing to keep going despite the tremendous work ahead?
I, for one, am NOT going to stop fighting for our freedom. I will never, never, never, never give in when it comes to freedom. We knew from the beginning of this movement that our work was cut out for us, we were up against 100 years of liberalism in our country and it would take years, if not decades, to fight to win it back. We knew we would have wins and losses along the way. We believed the only real loss would be if we gave up and ceded the entire ground to our opposition.
I’m NOT going to do that. I REFUSE to do that. I RESIST doing that. We owe it to generations past, present, and future – to those who have stood for our freedom in the past and those who will do so in the future – to pass the torch of liberty from our generation to the next. This is a timeless battle that each generation must fight. It is still our time to fight for our own generation and so we pass it to the next. Ben Franklin said it best, we have a republic if we can keep it.
So, if you are willing to face these odds and stay involved, what do we do?
We have goals for rest of this year:
Get Out the Vote Goals
- 5,000,000 volunteer phone calls
- 1,000,000 hand addressed letters and postcards
- 250,000 doors knocked
- 12,000,000 robocalls
- 1,000,000 traditional campaign mail
Grassroots Advocacy Goals
- Protect the Second Amendment and assist the students who are standing for our freedom at their schools
- Protect our borders and stop amnesty
- Expand health care freedom and continue to work to repeal Obamacare
- Continue to stand for personal freedom, economic freedom, and a debt free future
Every week we are going to advance our efforts toward these goals and keep you apprised of what we have done.
Here is what we need to do this week:
- Take this survey to tell that you agree with the goals and are still in the fight.
- Join our team of activists working to make a difference. We need volunteers to help us complete a number of missions – knocking on doors to talk to their neighbors, making phone calls to targeted voters in battleground races, hand-signing and hand-addressing letters and postcards to targeted voters, organizing sign-waves and lit drops.
- If we send a survey asking you if you want us to endorse in your area, then please fill it out quickly.
- Finally, let us know your volunteer preferences (if you have not done so already) so we can connect the get out the vote call to action with your volunteer preferences.
Churchill said: “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.”
If you are not giving up, then let’s get to work. It will take less than an hour to do all of the items listed above this week. Even if you only have 5 – 10 minutes to volunteer, you can still take one or two of the action items. Let’s do this.
Watch for emails over the coming weeks and months as we roll out more endorsements and action items. We need your help now more than ever.
Thank you for allowing me to stand with you for our freedom!