American Experience Volunteer Telephone Call Sweepstakes
- SPONSOR: Tea Party Patriots, Inc., 1025 Rose Creek Drive, Suite 620-322, Woodstock, Georgia 30189 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of all of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia who are eighteen years of age or older at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor and its affiliates, and the immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of such persons are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize (as defined below). Winning and receiving any of the Prize(s) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00 a.m. Atlanta, Georgia time (“AT”) on October 22, 2012 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. AT on November 5, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), according to Sponsor’s time clock. There are two ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
a) The first way is by submitting entrant’s name, telephone number, email address and mailing address to Sponsor following Sponsor’s confirmation that the entrant has made a telephone call to a registered voter (to the telephone number for such registered voter included on a list provided to the entrant by Sponsor).
b) The second way is by mailing to Sponsor’s address set forth above a hand-written letter that includes the entrant’s name, telephone number, email address and mailing address and an explanation of why the United States Constitution is important to the entrant’s way of life.
Only one entry (“Entry”) per registered voter called is allowed during the Sweepstakes Period (if an Entry is submitted via method a) above). Valid Entries must be submitted via one of the methods described above. All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all entrants. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries, and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical failures of any kind, or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) winner will be selected in two (2) separate, random drawings (for a total of two (2) winners) on or about October 31, 2012 and November 7, 2012, respectively, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (“Potential Winner”). The Potential Winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number provided in the Sweepstakes Entry (“Prize Notification”) to confirm the Potential Winner’s full name and a mailing address (“Mailing Information”) and the Potential Winner must respond by telephone within seven (7) calendar days of the date of the Prize Notification (the “Deadline”) with Potential Winner’s Mailing Information. The Potential Winner’s mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If the Sponsor does not receive the Potential Winner’s response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner (for each unclaimed Prize) will be selected from all remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of any Potential Winner to receive their Prize Notification or for Sponsor to receive any Potential Winner’s response. The inability of Sponsor to contact a Potential Winner, the failure of a Potential Winner to contact Sponsor in a timely manner, the inability of a Potential Winner to accept or receive the Prize for any reason, the return of any Prize as undeliverable, and/or the non-acceptance by a Potential Winner of any Prize for any reason will result in disqualification of such Potential Winner, and alternate Potential Winner(s) will be selected randomly from all remaining eligible entries received until the Winner is selected. The Potential Winner who complies with all of the foregoing requirements and ultimately receives the Prize is known as the “Winner”. Once an entrant is selected as a Potential Winner, such entrant will not be eligible for any subsequent drawings.
- PRIZES: Each Winner will receive one (1) Apple iPAD (Wi-Fi, 16GB) (approximate retail value: $500) (“Prize”).
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of all Prizes will be determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All Prizes are subject to availability. Winners are not entitled to any surplus between the actual retail value of his/her Prize and its stated approximate retail value; and any difference between the stated approximate retail value and actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period and are determined by dividing such number by two (2). All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prizes are at the Winners’ sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any of the Prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Winners. Prizes will be awarded by U.S. Mail, Federal Express, UPS and/or other shipping method, in Sponsor’s and/or its Prize suppliers’ sole discretion, using the information provided in the Sweepstakes Entry.
If any Winner is unable to accept a Prize or any portion of a Prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such Winner.
- TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, tariffs and fees are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the Prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting a Prize, participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its designees and (b) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, members attorneys and agents including, without limitation, any person or entity associated with the production, judging or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to their participation in the Sweepstakes and/or their use or misuse of any Prize. By accepting a Prize, each Winner consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness (voice, biographical information, city and state of residence, statements (including, but not limited to, any statements on any Entry), photograph, and recordings) for advertising and promotional purposes (including, but not limited to, use on Sponsor’s web site without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law). Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or extend the dates of this Sweepstakes for any reason at any time. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- RELEASE. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding; and entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a Prize, each Winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or Prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of selected entrants, and selected entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of any awarded Prize. This Sweepstakes is void outside the US and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Entries or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (b) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry or other materials; (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (e) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should any unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practice that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other players or representatives of Sponsor.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Atlanta, Georgia; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Georgia.
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a list of Winners or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Tea Party Patriots, Inc., Winner’s List/Official Rules, 1025 Rose Creek Drive, Suite 620-322, Woodstock, Georgia 30189, to be received no later than the date that is 60 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Winners’ lists will be sent once all Winners have been verified and Prizes have been awarded.
Sponsored by Tea Party Patriots, Inc., 1025 Rose Creek Drive, Suite 620-322, Woodstock, Georgia 30189.
© 2012 Tea Party Patriots, Inc. All rights reserved.