The focus over the next two weeks will be to stop the impeachment posse and their wicked work to overturn the free and fair, legitimate American presidential election in 2016.
Make your plans to visit the local office of your Representative on Thursday, October 10th – no matter if he or she is a Republican or a Democrat – to tell them STOP this illegitimate attempt to impeach the President! Mark your calendar NOW, get commitments from others to join you, and keep an eye out for more details and resources from us next week!
OUTLINE OF ACTION ITEMS
Our national day of action is Thursday, October 10. Please visit your Congressman’s local congressional office to tell him or her not to impeach President Trump!
Here are ten easy steps to help you plan your visit:
- Look up your Representative’s local office address nearest to you. You can look it up on our website.
- Call, text, and/or email friends to recruit them to go with you.
- Go through our new Anti-Impeachment How-To Guide to see which parts you want to use for your visit and so you have solid background information about the issue.
- Decide what you want to say (you can use our Anti-Impeachment How-To Guide as a resource as you decide). Plan to be clear and concise.
- Print out any materials that you want to deliver to your Representative, or use the letter from our Anti-Impeachment How-To Guide so that you have a hard copy to deliver and leave with your Representative’s office. Note: If you use our template, remember to replace the RED text with the correct information before you print it out.
- Show up at the office.
- Tell the staff you don’t want President Trump impeached and that you want your Representative to vote against impeachment. Hand them any letters, news articles, or petitions you want them to review.
- Take a photo.
- Email us a recap afterward, and send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can text them to (404) 996-1717.
- Post about it on social media and encourage others to follow your lead!
If you aren’t able to visit the office of your Representative, you can still make phone calls to your Representative’s office to tell them to REJECT IMPEACHMENT! Use our sample script that we have provided or use your own.
Note: some people have asked us if we are organizing events. Please understand, we are asking people to visit their congressional office individual or with a buddy or two. They are not protests, demonstrations, or sign-waving events at a specific time. Rather they are individual office visits you make at the best time for you.
Some groups are also organizing sign-waving events outside of the offices, as we have information on those, we will send it to you. If you would like to promote one of these events, you can create an event so that it shows up on our events page.
Also, don’t forget to sign our petition! Join thousands sending the message to congress that we support President Trump.
OP-EDS AND MEDIA
- Petition: Don’t Impeach President Trump!
- Op-ed: The ill-advised rush to impeachment
- C-SPAN: Jenny Beth Martin on Impeachment Inquiry of President Trump
- Congressional Office Visit Video! Jenny Beth and constituents visit Lucy McBath’s office