CALL TO ACTION
Special Call to Action:
Please call your two U.S. Senators and your U.S. representative through the Capitol operator at 202.224.3121 and ask each of them to support two amendments to the tax reform bill — one that would fully repeal the individual mandate, and a second that would be Rep. Kings New IDEA bill.
With tax reform being debated on Capitol Hill, there are two key proposals being discussed. The first would repeal ObamaCare’s insidious individual mandate — the requirement that every American citizen must carry a government-approved health insurance policy. This punitive tax is one of the worst aspects of ObamaCare, and a simple amendment to the tax reform bill could repeal the individual mandate — once and for all.
The second proposal is a bill that Congressman Steve King wrote called the “New IDEA” bill. Congressman King’s bill, which could be added as an amendment to the tax reform bill, prevents businesses from deducting wages and benefits paid to illegal immigrants. Want to get serious about cracking down on our nation’s illegal immigration problem? This is a great way to do it.
Congress needs to hear from us today!
– – –
Please take the following actions this week to put pressure on Congress and the White House to implement meaningful tax reform.
- This week, we are continuing to call Congress at 202.224.3121 to encourage ALL members of Congress to support fundamental tax reform. We have suggested talking points for your use below. Be sure to thank House and Senate GOP leadership for working so hard to produce these two tax reform bills.
- Please make your voice heard on the topic of tax reform on social media. Suggested tweets are listed to the right.
- Download our Tax Reform How-to-Guide.
- Sign up to host a house party. House parties are one of the best ways you can amplify our message and help others get involved. Want more information? We are here to help, and we will send you a house party kit with everything you need to host your own successful house party. Hundreds of volunteers have already signed up to participate in and host house parties. Be sure to join the fun!
- Sign our tax reform petition. Our petitions are the easiest and most effective way to make your voice heard. And, of course, please share this petition on social media.
TALKING POINTS ON TAX REFORM
- The U.S. tax code is a complicated mess and a drain on the economy.
- Americans waste time and money preparing their taxes each year because our tax code is so complicated.
- Tax reform in our country is long overdue.
- Americans want a tax code that is flatter, with fewer brackets.
- Americans want a tax code that is simpler, with less need to employ accountants and tax attorneys to navigate the code.
- Our current tax system slows economic growth, and reduces opportunity and wages for all Americans.
- President Trump campaigned on pro-growth tax reform, and the American people stand behind him on that goal.
- Americans are ready for tax reform that moves our nation forward.
- The proposed tax reform will make the United States a better place to invest and do business.
- The House GOP’s tax bill addresses many of the most serious problems plaguing our tax code, including excessively high tax rates for corporations and incentives for businesses to move abroad.
- The House and Senate tax bills have much-needed simplifications, including eliminating and reducing many deductions, such as the SALT (state and local tax) deductions for sales and income taxes.
GOP #taxreform will move our country forward. #MAGA
.@[INSERT HANDLE FOR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE OR SENATOR] America’s job creators need tax reform! #MAGA #tcot
GOP #TaxReform is a great step forward. #DraintheSwamp
#Draintheswamp and pass #taxreform! #tcot
Americans want a massive overhaul of the tax code! #MAGA
.@POTUS: Please reform and simplify the tax code. #simplerflatterfairer
Americans need tax relief now! #tcot #simplerflatterfairer
Thank you @POTUS for prioritizing tax reform! #simplerflatterfairer
Join the #taxreform coalition here: taxreformcoalition.com
Check out our continued work on the Congressional Exemption from Obamacare.