CALL TO ACTION
Please take the following actions this week:
First, we must keep the pressure on Capitol Hill so we do not end up with an “amnesty first, border security later” immigration deal. Immigration is a key issue for us here at Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund because it is at the nexus of national security, fiscal policy, and the rule of law. As we have noted in the past, amnesty for illegal immigrants is a terrible idea, and it erodes our nation’s rule of law. We must continue to let Congress know that our viewpoint on this issue has not changed.
Please help us defeat amnesty. A quick call to your U.S. representative will make a big difference. You can reach the Capitol Switchboard at 202.224.3121, and then ask to be transferred to your representative’s office. Suggested talking points can be found below to help guide your calls.
As mentioned above, a new report from Judicial Watch shows that John McCain’s staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee Henry Kerner urged IRS official Lois Lerner to use audits as a weapon against the non-profit groups applying for 501(c)(4) status (mostly tea party and conservative groups) in order to bring the organizations to the point of financial ruin.
Originally the notes taken by IRS employees at this April 30, 2013 meeting were redacted when sent to Judicial Watch. It was only through other, later documents released by the IRS that these notes were uncovered. In other words, the IRS tried to hide the fact that John McCain’s office, through Henry Kerner, along with Democrats and the Obama administration, were involved in the pressure to use the IRS to target tea party groups. From the report:
- In the full notes of an April 30 meeting, McCain’s high-ranking staffer Kerner recommends harassing non-profit groups until they are unable to continue operating. Kerner tells Lerner, Steve Miller, then chief of staff to IRS commissioner, Nikole Flax, and other IRS officials, “Maybe the solution is to audit so many that it is financially ruinous.” In response, Lerner responded that “it is her job to oversee it all:”
Please sign our petition to fire Henry Kerner for his egregious abuse of power and be sure to share this petition on social media.
Make Congress Work Again: Borders, Budgets, and our Sacred Rights
Have you registered for our national fly-in conference? Space is limited, so be sure to register now to secure your spot. The fly-in will be an opportunity for you to hear from special speakers, learn new techniques for engaging with Congress, and connect with likeminded Americans. We have a great agenda planned for this event, including the rollout of our new documentary. I hope to see you in D.C. in July!
Tea Party Patriots Action Honorary Chairman Jenny Beth Martin on Wednesday released the results of a national survey of 1,000 likely voters conducted for TPPA June 15-19 by John McLaughlin of McLaughlin & Associates. We had a special Facebook Live session last Wednesday morning to release the results of the survey.
SHARE ON TWITTER
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- The American people want a secure border and an “America first” immigration policy, and we want our nation’s immigration laws respected
- Congress must say NO to amnesty for illegal immigrants.
- The Rule of Law is too important to ignore. Amnesty proposals undermine the Rule of Law in this country.
- Americans want to see stronger assurances that our nation is prioritizing border security – not amnesty.
- For too long, Americans have been promised a border wall, but we have made concessions along the way, including past amnesties, without ever getting the wall completed. It is time for us to get serious about securing the border.
- The GOP must address sanctuary cities, which encourage illegal immigration and make our entire nation less safe.
- Henry Kerner needs to be fired from his job as Special Counsel in the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.