- Remind your two U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative that the American people want lower spending levels, we do NOT want DACA wrapped up in a spending bill, and we absolutely oppose an insurance bailout. The phone number for the Capitol switchboard is: 202.224.3121. (You will need to call three times to be transferred to each office.) We have talking points below for your use.
- Use social media to help inform your friends and family about the spending bill — and ask them to oppose proposals to include DACA or insurance bailouts in the spending bill.
Action Items for this Week: February 19 – February 23
- The American people are opposed to insurance bailouts. The upcoming spending bill should NOT bail out the insurance companies.
- Spending bills are an inappropriate vehicle for addressing DACA. Do not wrap DACA into the upcoming spending bill.
- Americans are opposed to amnesty for illegal immigrants. American voters want a thoughtful solution to President Obama’s illegal DACA. Congress should not use the spending bill to extend DACA.
- Republicans are proving to be as bad with spending as their Democrat counterparts. The American people elected Republicans and gave them the majority in both chambers of Congress, in part, because we want lower spending levels.
- Republicans need to live up to their campaign promises to reduce spending.
Last week, Chris Chmielenski from NumbersUSA wrote a guest blog for Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund about the immigration debates on DACA in the Senate. He listed the proposals that were discussed, none of which would secure our borders and make America great again. To learn more about the Senate debates on immigration, check out Chmielenski’s blog here.
Fortunately, none of the immigration plans voted on in the Senate passed. We would like to thank you for contacting your senators and telling them to vote down the proposals that did not fulfill the President’s promises. We at Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund are determined to oppose any plans that don’t end chain migration and the visa lottery, that don’t secure the border, and make it harder to deport criminal aliens.
Last week’s media:
The Washington Times: More reasons to end the Iran deal
- S Prev