Please take the following actions this week to help us keep pressure on Capitol Hill for an immigration reform policy that restores the rule of law and enhances border security.
1. Ask your two U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative to reject the amnesty proposals circulating in Washington, DC. Call the Capitol switchboard at 202.224.3121 and ask to be transferred to both of your Senators’ offices and to your U.S. Representative’s office. (You will need to call three times be transferred to each office. We have talking points below for your use.
2. Use social media to help inform your friends and family about the dangerous details of this amnesty proposal.
3. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org to share your thoughts about the immigration proposals coming out of DC. I am very interested in hearing from you about the aspects of immigration reform that you consider essential. Thank you for your suggestions and ideas! My staff and I will read each response.
- The American people want a secure border and an “America first” immigration policy, and we want our nation’s immigration laws respected.
- Congress must stand up for the rule of law and say NO to amnesty for illegal immigrants.
- Americans want an end to both chain migration and the visa lottery program. Both policies are out of touch with our nation’s immigration needs, and both programs perpetuate immigration policies that ignore the needs of America’s workforce.
- E-Verify is a simple tool that helps employers determine if a prospective employee is in the country legally. Mandatory use of E-Verify would go a long way to curbing illegal immigration in this country.
- The White House’s proposal is deeply flawed. At a minimum, Americans want to see stronger assurances that our nation is prioritizing border security — not amnesty. This proposal is amnesty first, not border security first.
- For too long, Americans have been promised a border wall, but we have made concessions along the way, including past amnesties, without ever getting the wall completed. It is time for us to get serious about securing the border.
- The White House proposal makes a grave mistake by increasing the number of beneficiaries of this amnesty from the original 690,000 DACA recipients to an incredible 1.8 million (and likely more!) illegal immigrants.
Our Tax Reform Coalition After Action Report details how Tea Party Patriots and its activists helped pass tax reform. It’s amazing what one group can do and we want to thank you for your hard work and for taking action throughout 2017 to help pass this historic law. Check out our report to see how Tea Party Patriots, with your help, made tax reform happen!
Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund drafted a letter that more than 25 conservative leaders have signed asking for Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) Acting Director Mick Mulvaney to audit the agency’s finances and report his findings to the American people.
Last week’s media:
The Washington Times: Here’s how Trump’s Open Skies deal with Qatar will help make America great again