CALL TO ACTION
We would like use this opportunity to weigh in and let Congress know what we view are the essential components of tax reform that must be included in the final version. Top on the list, of course, is the Senate bill’s repeal of the individual mandate. Additionally, we want to see the top rate lowered to 38.4 percent, the $10,000 property tax deduction retained, 20 percent corporate tax rate (and for that reduction to begin on January 1, 2018), immediate full expensing, and reductions for sub-chapter S pass-through entities.
Please take two simple actions this week.
First, please call your two U.S. senators and your U.S. representative and ask them to support the final tax bill. Below are talking points to help guide your phone calls with congressional staff members. You can reach each office on the Hill by calling the Capitol switchboard operators at 202.224.3121.
Second, please call Congress and share your thoughts about the upcoming spending bill. At Tea Party Patriots, we have consistently stressed the longterm importance of spending reductions. Make sure your representatives in Congress understand how important spending cuts and spending restraint are to our nation’s overall economic health.
TALKING POINTS ON TAX REFORM
- Americans waste time and money preparing their taxes each year because our tax code is so complicated.
- Tax reform in our country is long overdue.
- Americans want a tax code that is flatter, with fewer brackets.
- Americans want a tax code that is simpler, with less need to employ accountants and tax attorneys to navigate the code.
- Our current tax system slows economic growth, and reduces opportunity and wages for all Americans.
- President Trump campaigned on pro-growth tax reform, and the American people stand behind him on that goal.
- Americans are ready for tax reform that moves our nation forward.
- The proposed tax reform will make the United States a better place to invest and do business.
- Both tax bills address many of the most serious problems plaguing our tax code, including excessively high tax rates for corporations and incentives for businesses to move abroad.
- The House and Senate tax bills have much-needed simplifications, including eliminating and reducing many deductions.
- The final tax bill MUST include the full repeal of the individual mandate. This mandate represents one of the most onerous taxes for families, and it is past time for repeal.
- #Taxreform is necessary to move America forward. #MAGA
- .@[INSERT HANDLE FOR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE OR SENATOR] America’s job creators need tax reform! #MAGA #tcot
- Repeal #individualmandate in #taxreform! @POTUS
- #Draintheswamp and send #taxreform! to @POTUS desk.
- .@POTUS: It’s time to reform and simplify the tax code. #simplerflatterfairer
- Americans want tax relief now! #tcot #simplerflatterfairer
- Thank you @POTUS for prioritizing tax reform! #MAGA #simplerflatterfairer