CALL TO ACTION
We firmly believe that Congress will have the necessary impetus to repeal ObamaCare once Members of Congress and their staff members are forced to live under ObamaCare.
Please use the talking points to call both of your two United States Senators and your U.S. Representative. The Capitol switchboard can be reached at 202.224.3121. We have also included below a draft script for your calls.
If you would like to voice your opinion on the congressional exemption to the White House, the switchboard number is: 202.456.1414. We have a draft script below for that call, as well.
Once you have called Congress and the White House, please be sure to sign our petition here:
Please join us on Thursday, August 24th at 10 am eastern for a Facebook Live session. We will be speaking with President Reagan’s Transportation Secretary James Burnley IV about jobs and the U.S. economy, among other timely topics. Please join us for this important Facebook Live session. Follow Tea Party Patriots on Facebook for notifications of our live sessions.
DRAFT SCRIPT FOR CALLS TO THE HILL:
Caller: Hello, my name is ______ and I am calling from [INSERT YOUR SPECIFIC CITY OR TOWN NAME]. I’m calling today to express my extreme disappointment that Congress has decided to live above the law and not follow the plain text of ObamaCare.
Congressional Staffer: Congress does live under the law. We are enrolled in the ObamaCare DC exchange.
Caller: Yes, Congress fraudulently submitted its applications to that exchange, lying and saying there are only 45 employees in the House of Representatives and 45 employees in the Senate. Does Senator [INSERT LAST NAME]/Representative [INSERT LAST NAME] believe it is acceptable that Congress lied on its ObamaCare applications, illegally enrolled in the incorrect exchange, and is now illegally receiving health insurance subsidies
Congressional Staffer: [EXPECT SOME FORM OF DISSENT HERE. THE STAFFER WILL LIKELY IGNORE THE QUESTION AT HAND.]
Caller: Please let Senator [INSERT LAST NAME]/Representative [INSERT LAST NAME] know that I am extremely disappointed that Congress is not living under the law. Americans are anxious for this law to be repealed, and it is frustrating that we are struggling to live under the law’s many regulations, while Congress has its own special exemption. Please write down my contact information. May I also get the name of the health care policy staffer?
DRAFT SCRIPT FOR THE WHITE HOUSE:
Caller: Hello, my name is _______ and I am calling from [INSERT NAME OF STATE]. I’m calling today to express my support for President Trump’s past statements about ending the congressional exemption from ObamaCare. Congress must live under ObamaCare with the rest of us.
TALKING POINTS ON THE CONGRESSIONAL EXEMPTION:
- ObamaCare is an unworkable law. We knew before Congress passed it that it would be unworkable. More taxes, more fees, more regulations, and the expansion of the federal government are NOT workable solutions.
- As soon as Members of Congress and staffers realized the law, as written, would not work for them, they got a special exemption so they could keep their generous taxpayer-funded subsidies.
- ObamaCare requires that Members of Congress and their staffers go on an ObamaCare exchange. Congress is illegally enrolled in the Washington, DC Small Business Exchange in order to retain their taxpayer-funded health insurance subsidies. How unfair is that?
- Americans have been struggling with this law for seven years. We were not granted special permission to dance around the law, and we certainly have not been forgiven for breaking the law or not following the letter of the law.
- The United States is a nation built on the principle of the rule of law. Allowing our lawmakers to become lawbreakers makes a mockery of our rule of law system.
- Our experience with ObamaCare over the last seven years has convinced us that the law needs to be repealed. We look forward to that same awakening moment for Members of Congress. So, join us under the law, and then let’s get serious as a nation about repealing the law.
TALKING POINTS ON OPEN SKIES AGREEMENTS:
Trade agreements are only effective if they are enforced.
The Open Skies agreements are the most important agreements for international commercial air travel. It is essential that we protect and uphold those agreements.
Three airlines from Qatar and the United Arab Emirates are routinely violating the Open Skies agreements, threatening to destroy U.S. air travel jobs, and harming U.S. national security.
We created issue pages for the Congressional Exemption and the Open Skies issues.
With the help of Center for Competitive Politics, we filed an amicus brief to advocate for the First Amendment and to protect nonprofit supporters’ identity.
We issued a press release and Jenny Beth Martin was on Fox and Friends talking about the latest Treasury Inspector General Report revealing the IRS has hired back 213 employees who it previously fired to breaking the law and other egregious behavior.
- “The Internal Revenue Service Continues to Rehire Former Employees With Conduct and Performance Issues”
Continued planning the September 23rd event and worked on fundraising for this event.