Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund is proud to announce our endorsements of Patrick Morrisey for US Senate in West Virginia and Kevin Nicholson for US Senate in Wisconsin. We believe that these two men will be great conservative additions to the US Senate and we hope you’ll join us in helping both of them win their elections.
As you know, there’s a lot that needs to be fixed in Washington, DC, but one of the biggest obstacles we have is the US Senate. Oftentimes, legislation goes to the Senate to die or worse, it becomes much more liberal because of the razor thin, extremely moderate Republican majority.
This is a wonderful opportunity to improve our stock in the Senate and continue our mission of increasing personal freedom, economic freedom, and creating a debt-free future for our kids and grandkids.
Please use our toolkit as a guide to help in your engagement with school safety and the Second Amendment. We also encourage you to visit The Heritage Foundation’s website on School Safety. They have done a tremendous job researching facts about guns in our society, as well as issues and solutions to keeping our children safe.
Tuesday, April 17th, we’re launching the Social Media Minute Men. We hope this will be an active group of social media warriors working to respond to the left’s heinous attacks on conservative voices. At 7pm ET on Tuesday evening, we’re going to have an inaugural phone call to discuss the importance of this project and why we need your help. We hope to speak with you then!
SUGGESTED TWEETS: School Safety and Second Amendment
FACTS AND FIGURES: School Safety and Second Amendment
Our friends at the Heritage Foundation have done extensive research on the relationship of guns in society, ways to improve safety in our schools, and some of the questions we should be asking to try to prevent these tragedies from happening in the future. We’re happy to pass these resources along to you and encourage you to visit their website at https://www.heritage.org/school-safety to read more information.
Facts and Figures:
- Firearms are used in self-defense hundreds of thousands of times each year in the United States.
- Most gun-related crimes are carried out with illegally-owned firearms. According to some estimates, it may be as high as 80% of all gun-related crimes that are conducted with illegally-owned guns.
- Over 90% of public mass shootings take place in “gun-free zones,” where civilians are not permitted to carry firearms. This statistic proves how ineffective liberal gun-control laws are.
- An estimated 60% of mass public shooters were diagnosed with a mental disorder or had demonstrated signs of serious mental illness.
- Adolescents living in intact families are less likely to exhibit violent behaviors or engage in fighting, and report lower levels of stress.
- Get more facts about gun violence and mass shootings.
We joined a growing coalition of national organizations, representing millions of members and supporters, in requesting that President Donald Trump include the proposed Cruz-Daines-Gardner competitiveness chapter, including the REINS Act, in NAFTA renegotiation.
We created a special action page for our endorsement: Chip Roy for Congress in Texas’ 21st District. The primary run-off is May 22nd, so please visit www.helpelectchiproy.com to find out how you can help Chip win the nomination on Tuesday!
Last week’s media: