Welcome to a new week of action! Today we are asking you to set your schedule so that you are ready to show up! Last week, we took a lot of time to discuss the reasons we need to fight back against the war being waged by the left against President Trump and his efforts to drain the swamp. However there is another crucial reason that we must turn up the heat and show up in this fight every day, even if it’s just for a few minutes each day: the Republicans in Congress.
Yep. The Republicans. A lot of people are are questioning the pace at which the Republicans are fulfilling their promises, especially on Obamacare repeal. Mark Levin and others have raised many good points, including the fact that Republicans passed multiple repeal bills during Obama’s presidency, but haven’t done so now that we have President Trump. Do you remember we were always told that full repeal wasn’t possible while Republicans held only one-half of one-third of the government? This was when they held only the House. So then we gave them the Senate, and the Republicans told us they couldn’t get it repealed yet; they needed the White House. So America gave them the White House. Obamacare repeal should have been the first bill passed. Now there are rumors that many Republicans are getting cold feet.1
Excuse me? Nope. No way. Not a chance. We didn’t come this far to now watch the Republicans shrivel up and slink away. Some of them supposedly even want to keep the taxes in place, or keep the Medicaid expansion. After all the time, effort, and energy you’ve put into this country, how does that make you feel?
It’s funny, isn’t it? Republicans hold both chambers of Congress and the White House, and yet here we are, back in a situation where we need all hands on deck.
Below my signature, you will find a detailed list of what we need to plan for this week, as well as an outline of the actions for the rest of the week. Make no mistake, time is of the essence. We must show up.
Please also make sure to sign up for weekly and daily actions on our website!
I’m showing up,
Detailed To-Do for Set Your Schedule Sunday, February 19th
- Determine when your Representative and Senators are holding town hall meetings or mobile office hours. Add this to your calendar. Plan to show up.
- Plan what you will say.
- Remind all Democrat and Republican Senators that you want Obamacare repealed, and that they can address replacement after repeal. Let them know you want this to happen quickly as the cost of rising health care and lack of choice is currently impacting the quality of health care for all Americans. Whenever possible, use your own personal experience of Obamacare, and how it has negatively affected you and your family.
- Make your support known for Judge Neil Gorsuch’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, and express your desire to see the swift confirmation of the rest of President Trump’s nominees.
- Thank the Republican Senators for the confirmations they have already completed.
- Remind your Representative (whether Democrat or Republican) that you want Obamacare repealed, and that they can address replacement after repeal. Let them know you want this to happen quickly as the cost of rising health care and lack of choice is currently impacting the quality of health care for all Americans. Whenever possible, use your own personal experience of Obamacare, and how it has negatively affected you and your family.
- Sign up to write a letter to your Senators, and plan to deliver it to the local district office on Thursday. Plan to use Monday to decide what to write and to write the letter.
- Sign up to host a house party on Monday, February 27, which is the 8th anniversary of the tea party movement. We will provide tools and resources to help you organize the house party. House parties are great; in just two hours, you and a handful friends will become better equipped to have a much larger and more meaningful impact with the actions you take. We will spend more time on Thursday helping you get organized for the house party.
- Make time in your calendar for the activities below, in the outline for the rest of the week.
Outline for the Rest of the Week
Monday: Messaging Monday
Get our message out through email. We will give a list of weekly talking points and targets to email, including Members of Congress and other entities that need to hear from us.
Tuesday: Tweet It Tuesday
Help us spread our message on social media, especially on Twitter and Facebook. We will provide sample tweets.
Wednesday: Melt the Wires Wednesday
Let’s melt the phone lines on Wednesdays. We will update the targeted list weekly.
Thursday: Take It to the Streets Thursday
Visit a local congressional office this Thursday, February 23, to hand deliver the letter you wrote from Monday's toolkit. Sign up by Thursday, February 23, to host a house party next Monday, February 27.
(Each Thursday let’s take it to the streets with our signs and flags as you hold a street rally, house party, or visit a local congressional office. We will give you the tools you need to organize a local event. Sign up to host an event with this form.)
Friday: Freelance Friday
Each week we will give the opportunity to multiply our impact broadcasting our message to a larger audience through letters to editor, comments on news websites, and letters to fellow Americans.