Today is Melt the Wires Wednesday, and we need to all make a few calls to our elected officials. You may also want to check out these fax services to fax your Senators and Representative; left wing activists are certainly making use of faxes and sending tens of thousands of them to Republican members of Congress.
These left wing activists have been calling their elected officials since almost the day after the election, trying to stop President Trump’s agenda before he even got started. They’ve tried to derail all of President Trump’s cabinet nominees, hoping to make “the phones ring off the hook.” Now their attention has turned to Neil Gorsuch, President Trump’s pick for the Supreme Court. And so, it is up to us to make sure that our Senators know that when the people chose Donald Trump as their next President, we did so knowing that he would get to choose Justice Scalia’s replacement.
Let’s make it our goal for today to show up in greater numbers than the left by making a few critically important phone calls. Let’s remind our elected officials that the radical, left wing fringe is just that – the fringe – and that America supports Neil Gorsuch.
We also need to track the town halls being held by our Representatives, so all together we are asking you to make three phone calls today. We will be calling the D.C. offices of both of your U.S. senators and your Congressman. You will find the phone numbers for you to call and some sample talking points below, as well as the schedule for the remainder of this week and the key dates to add to your calendar.
Visit our Find your Members of Congress area to locate your U.S. senators’ phone numbers.
When you call your senators, there are three goals.
- Give your reasons for supporting Neil Gorsuch
- Ask if your Senator will vote to confirm Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
- Ask when your Senator is holding town halls (in person and/or online or telephone), coffee meetings, or mobile office hours. Please report back to us with when and where the town hall or other meeting times will be held so we can encourage others to attend. Use this form to report back.
Below are some talking points you may use about Judge Gorsuch. Pick the three you like best and and use those to craft your telephone message. Make sure to record their answers!
- Serves on United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2006-present.
- Earned “unanimously well qualified” rating from American Bar Association, 2006.
- Confirmed without opposition to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals by a voice vote of the United States Senate in 2006.
- 70% of voters said filling the Supreme Court vacancy was the most important factor or an important factor in their decision to support a candidate – and Trump won.
- Has an extensive body of work, having decided thousands of cases. As Eric Citron explained at onSCOTUSblog.com, “He is celebrated as a keen legal thinker and a particularly incisive legal writer, with a flair that matches — or at least evokes — that of the justice whose seat he would be nominated to fill.”
- Judge Gorsuch has said that an originalist interpretation of the Constitution means that judges will sometimes reach decisions they don’t prefer politically.
Visit our Find your Members of Congress area to locate your Congressman’s phone number.
When calling your Representative, ask him/her when they are holding their town halls (in person and/or online or telephone), coffee meetings, or mobile office hours. Please report back to us with when and where the town hall or other meeting times will be held so we can encourage others to attend. Use this form to report back.
Each phone call should only take a minute or two. That’s maybe only six minutes of your day, and what a difference that six minutes can make! Once you are done, take one more minute to copy and paste the call to action on your social media accounts so that we may amplify our message!