12 Days of Solutions, Day 7: Repeal Obamacare
As Washington continues the debate over how many of your taxes to raise and how little spending to cut, the Affordable Care Act continues its seemingly inevitable move towards full implementation. Even with states nullifying the law’s exchanges, other things are settling into place, including hundreds of billions of dollars in tax increases.
This is totally unacceptable to Tea Party Patriots, which is why Congress should include repeal of Obamacare as an amendment to any “fiscal cliff” deal.
Of course, Members of Congress will argue this isn’t possible – the law was passed almost three years ago, after all. Here are a few reasons they should stiffen their spines:
- The American people oppose the law, and have since before it passed.
- The law raises over $700 billion in taxes.
- It violates conscience rights.
- It violates the right to not participate in economic activity.
- Its price controls will harm seniors.
- It double-counts Medicare cuts as “savings” and spending.
- It will reduce economic activity, further injuring our economy.
In the end, Obamacare isn’t just about tax and spending increases. It’s not just about price controls. It’s about all of these, as well as the will of the people. Tea Party-minded Members of Congress should include repeal of Obamacare as part of any deal on the fiscal cliff.