Two weeks ago, Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) said Obamacare is a train wreck. He was right. And yet right now the Senate is considering another large, ill-considered, costly, and convoluted piece of legislation – amnesty.
This week, your Senators and Congressmen are home for their “district work period.” Make sure they know how you stand on this legislation, and the lack of transparency surrounding its march through the Senate. Tell them no more train wrecks!
Tea Party activists around the nation are working together to make sure this bill does not pass. Here is our strategy this week:
- Monday: The focus for today is to post blog posts on Facebook and blogs and write letters to the editor on the topic of “No more train wreck bills.”
Click for Amnesty Bill Talking Points
Click for Sample Blog Post
Click for Sample Letter to the Editor
Click for Infographic – Obamacare vs. Amnesty or Click here for a Printer Friendly Version.
- Tuesday: Tuesday is Social Media Blitz day and “Tweet It Tuesday.” The hashtag campaign this week is: #NoMoreTrainWrecks
Click for Sample Tweets and Facebook Posts
- Wednesday: Today’s focus is on making phone calls and visiting the district office for your U.S. Senators to drop off letters.
Click to Find Your Senators’ Local Offices
Click for Thank You Letter for Senators who are standing for principle (Note: Senators Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Jeff Sessions, James Inhofe, and Rand Paul will receive these letters.)
Click for Train Wreck Letter for Senators who are not doing anything to stop the ramming of this bill
Click to Call Your Senators (Link Coming Soon)
- Thursday: Today’s focus is on hosting Street Rallies at busy intersections and conducting bumper sticker blitzes. The ideal time for these rallies is 5:00-7:00 pm (local time).
Click to Find Your Local Group
Click for “How to Host a Sign Waving Event”
Click for Sample Sign Messages
- Friday: On Friday we will re-cap all of our activities this week and begin planning for next week’s theme and messaging opportunities.
Make sure they know how you feel about the rushed process, the lack of transparency, the unconstitutional nature of the bill, its massive costs, its unknown components, and everything else wrong this this bill.
As always, your effort is critical to the future of our country. We urge you to join us this week in making sure Congress knows exactly how the American people reject this new train wreck.